Temperatures of up to 38c are unnatural to Great Britain. One can visualise, therefore, the little island Englanders sweltering beneath their apple trees, bathed in sunblock and complaining that it's too darn hot. They needn't worry. This coming weekend, Britain will be rocked by a massive thunderstorm. Typically, the flannelled fools will be moaning on Monday that it rains too much. Some people are never satisfied! :lol:
I hate this hot weather with a passion. I have the Irish gene, (pale skin & red hair) so I can't stay out in the sun long. I have terrible hay fever too. This week has been unbearable. Sneezing my head off, no sleep and cranky as hell now. LOL. Roll on Winter. :D
It was 38 deg here in the east yesterday plus high humidity so the forecasted 28 today will be relatively cool!
I'm with you, Bunny! Even blogged about it!I'm on two hayfever medications and I still wake up with my eyes feeling glued shut!
Totally a climate change thingie going on.. Only 112F here today,, I read the arctic is having a major meltdown,,,,,I truly love living in Arizona,, that's all..
The body adapts and, in high temperature environments, will generate extra haemoglobin to transport blood oxygen efficiently. The problem then is, upon return to milder climes, one is ice cold is Alex. :lol:
blackwidow wrote: Totally a climate change thingie going on.. Only 112F here today,, I read the arctic is having a major meltdown,,,,,I truly love living in Arizona,, that's all..

That is hot but do you not have much lower humidity levels than we do so higher temps are more bearable? Many European countries are experiencing record temperatures along with high humidity and I heard the heat is going north to the Arctic, yet your Pres still does not acknowledge that climate change is real! :lol:
Lol, both of you.!!!
I live in south florida. Let me tell you about humidity! lol
Hope all well....
dang,, lower humidity is best,, right now,,,4:52 pm,, 113F and only 14% humidity. Taz has wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too much of the humi stuff,, ick...
lol. I do sugar. Is ok as long as no eyewalls in sight.
I'd take the heat any day over the cold ....brrrrr. But that's the south living.
I prefer the cold. You can always put more layers on or hike up the heating. There's only so much you can take off before facing an indecency charge...lol

As for humidity, rumour has it humidity here was a rediculous 85 to 91% with the mercury in the 30s. Luckily not for long. Today mid 20s with humidity of 51% is much more acceptable. :lol:
This dog has a good idea Sara! https:/
/www.facebook.com/449361198962605/videos/440702383323399/
:shock: :lol:
2am Friday morning I was stood in front of fridge freezer with door open to get cold drink and was thinking shame I couldn't fit in it.