I'm not normally a "stirrer" but this may be a tad contraversial.

Speaking as a woman interested in a male friend or partner in the southern English counties, I am struck by the high concentration of members in the same, relatively few regions of the UK. These are mainly in the Midlands and farther North. Liverpool, for example, must have a complete lack of available women judging by the numbers of its male residents on this site.

And my other concern is the high number of advertisers who say nothing about themselves and do not post a photograph. Surely so many can't be silly enough to expect responses on that basis?

OR .... are they fake? What does everyone think?

The Club has obviously been successful in attracting members from many countries, but I'm sorry I don't want a "pen friend" or a long-distance relationship. Since I said as much in my Profile, messages have completely dried up.

Mazz69
I'm inclined to agree - anyone who doesn't include a pic on their profle has something to hide
cerberus97 wrote: I'm inclined to agree - anyone who doesn't include a pic on their profle has something to hide

Or just don't know how to do it, but I have learn from others, they don't want their photos on the net because it can be stolen, someone else use their photo, so on and so forth, it is to protect their identity from identity thefts.

One lad here in Airdrie manage to do that, he been arrested for it , when he was release from Prison, he still use that name, of course that name belong to a decease person. He later murder a Grandfather, Grandmother and their grandson.

You can learn about him on line "Douglas Garland Murder, Calgary AB".
I don't know Douglas Garland but I do know his parents.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disappearance_of_Nathan_O%27Brien,_Kathryn_Liknes_and_Alvin_Liknes

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/douglas-garland-investigation-nathan-obrien-liknes-operation-amber-lee-treit-1.3982966

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/douglas-garland-murder-trial-jury-deliberation-matthew-hartley-1.3968039

So.... it is understandable that they don't want their photo in their profile, it not that they want to hide something, it could be for other reason
. :)
Sorry, no pic no interest. And too lazy to fill in the tiniest bit of detail, or write a couple of sentences? Would you buy a pig in a poke??

Anyone who feels there is risk attached should stay away.

Total risk avoidance entails staying at home with the curtains closed and occasionally I can identify with that. But it's not living. End of.
Mazz69 wrote: Sorry, no pic no interest. And too lazy to fill in the tiniest bit of detail, or write a couple of sentences? Would you buy a pig in a poke??

Anyone who feels there is risk attached should stay away.

Total risk avoidance entails staying at home with the curtains closed and occasionally I can identify with that. But it's not living. End of.

Different folks.. different strokes
You've missed the bigger point to my post, DJ, namely that this site smells funny in the ways I described. Nevertheless I am happy to have expressed it in print, up there in lights for anyone to prove or disprove!

Away now to more important things ...
She does that, Mazz ... lol
cerberus97 wrote: She does that, Mazz ... lol

Different folks... Different strokes

The one thing I know and only to well... My view is so different than the hearing world view :P

I don't have a problem with people who have no photos, they will eventlly trust me and then I get to see their photo one way or another. You have to build up their trust.
Mazz69 wrote: You've missed the bigger point to my post, DJ, namely that this site smells funny in the ways I described. Nevertheless I am happy to have expressed it in print, up there in lights for anyone to prove or disprove!

Away now to more important things ...

No, I didn't miss your point, but I see you miss mine. Some don't want photo/s in their profile for a reason. How do I know if your photo is a photo of you? How do I know if you didn't get it from somewhere else? There are no proof that the photo in your profile is a real photo of you. It the same thing as having no photo at all ( you may not get this point that I am making, but that is ok).