hi morton:
yes, I wouldn't feel comfortable telling anyone about the second and third experiences.
I'm sure I'd be regarded as looney!
but since I'm anonymous, I can say what happened to me!

I do not live in that house.

Now I live in the house where my mother passed a few months ago. I feel safe and very
close to her - I'm happy to be here. Almost like she's going to watch over me.
I did have that one 'encounter' with her (I assume it was her) and don't worry about any future
incidences. I'd welcome anything if it meant she was here, she would never do me any harm.

Actually my cousin suggested that I have the current house blessed. I will at some point.

warmest wishes
It's an interesting topic and heartwarming that you've all had the courage to post about your experiences.
Personally, I prefer The Unexplained to stay unexplained, I won't go looking for contacts, or searching for answers, but mysterious things do happen.
I didn't know about the significance of feathers but I sincerely hope I find a couple in odd places this week, I'll certainly report back if I do!

It may be cheating as I have hens in the garden, and also many white feathers appear on the lawn which I assume are the from the fox's woodpigeon hunt, so I'll discount those.
However, when my Mother, who regularly enjoyed my garden, died (naturally & expected) 3 days after my husband's memorial service, I found a white feather in the hen run.

I haven't had a white hen for well over a year, so it statled me, I even exclaimed out loud. The rational thought is the hens had dug over & it resurfaced, but it felt peculiar at the time.

As I say, I'm sitting on the fence on this , for myself, sceptical about pursuing as a belief, but there are other signs which are uncanny and which I nevertheless find strangely comforting, which is a good thing.
I have had many different experiences with 'spirits' in my life. Some were family, most were not family. Some were spirits that lived in my old houses before me, and loved the house and have stayed on in the house. I find it comforting to have them share my house, I never feel lonely with them around me.

The feathers I find interesting, because I haven't experienced that yet. My sister-in-law, after her husband died, would find pennys in very unlikely places, as his message to her that he was near and watching over her. She feels very comforted when she finds a penny.

Sometimes spirits that we don't know, try to get our attention for a reason. The smashed vase and lamp cord that was yanked was to get your attention, for a reason. That spirit had something to communicate. Unfortunately that spirit scared you, rather than communicated. I'm guessing the demmener of the man who died, before he died was gruff and impatient......and that was the way he tried to communicate. He didn't mean to scare you.

Most of my spirit encounters have been pleasant, except 2.
The first was while trying to buy my daughter a small used car many years ago. My husband, daughter and I went test driving several cars, before I bought her one. We would each take turns driving each car for a short run, then compare notes how we liked the car........ This one car (I forget the make), I was the first to drive it. I had one hand on the steering wheel as I started it up. The instant I put my right hand on the steering wheel too, I felt terror go through my body. I was overwhelmed with terror......I crept the car along for a block, and then I couldn't stand it any more. I stopped the car, got out, told my daughter under no circumstances would we buy that car for her. I felt sure that car had been in an accident that the driver had died in that car. My husband wanted to drive it anyway. He felt nothing driving it, but managed to break the parking brake, so back it went.

The second experience was at a house auction for a Century home. The house was not selling, so the Realtor was auctioning it off. Our Realtor, my husband and I along with maybe 12 other people were touring the house, before it was to be auctioned. We were up in the attic, and I was just passing through a narrow space into the oldest part of the attic, and it was like I walked into a wall of pure anger....fury actually. The spirit was furious. It was so intense I stumbled back going through that narrow space. After touring that part of the attic when I went to go back through that narrow space again, I was actually afraid to.........but there was no anger there the second time. My feeling about the house was, the resident spirit was upset that so many people were trapesing through it's house. No one bought the house, including my husband and I.

My other experiences with spirits have been much more pleasant, and even my pets have experienced spirits.
Yes, many strange things have happened to me. If you read some of them you wouldn't believe anyone could make them up! So I will refrain from sharing them, ( as I would like to continue to be considered sane!!! ) :lol:
well, i am sure there are a lot of people on this site just like me, spiritually sensitive, feel and hear spirit, and my experiences with spirit are sometimes unbelievable, as must be some of your other people's experiences, I have had very few "bad" ones, but every now and then i come across them, most are good, and caring souls,
on the odd occasion i have been lucky enough to see spirit too, but that is mainly my guide and helpers, during my "own time" as i like to call it.
i like these blogs, they are interesting and fun im glad i found this site, thank you
wolfie.
I haven't experienced direct contact with spirits other than through Angel Energy Therapy with my God sent Reiki Master I visit every two weeks. She has helped me in so many ways with healing and cutting cords with fears of the past and indeed my future. I find white feathers at my feet at the most unusal places. I have a strong connection with my Guardian Angel who came to me in my dreams some years ago with his name; Claude. I asked him to come back and confirm it as I wasn't sure whether it was me trying to create it or not. Many months later I got the exact same dream. I talk to him all the time and he has helped me in so many ways. I would like to mention an author and his book if you would like to read a true story of a man's journey with the spirit world and his connections with the Angels. Aidan Storey and his book is Angels of Divine Light. A beautiful book which moved me to tears and helped me strengthen my relationship with the spirit world. I have not had an experience with a spirit. I have asked over the years for my brother to come to me but was granted a dream where we huged and I could feel his hair when I hugged him. I woke the following morning knowing I had at last got that message through a hug from Jack that he is with me. Thank you all for sharing, you have touched my heart and it is a forum I look forward to reading.
Angle Blessings to you all
C
I have read the post is this forum,an there are some heart warming reply's.so now I think am ready to tell what did happen,a lot  as happened good an bad since I was a very young child.but I will tell only one its about my daughter.it was not long after she had died.I was woken up by being poked so I threw the bed cover of from over my head to get up.I had my 3yr old grandson staying with me in my bed,this was my daughters son.an there in front of me was my daughter with her arm around her son, as I jumped up to run to her she was gone.at that moment of seeing her I didn't see her as being dead I was happy it was like she had been away an just got back. dose that make sense?.it was morning not night an it was daylight.I know some will say I was dreaming but I know I was wake as I was woken up an I know what I saw I even called her name.my grandson was still standing there,I have not seen her since or even had a dream of her.thanks to all that have shared an for taking the time for reading this.x
That's so lovely Morton, your precious daughter. It could be quite a shaking experience, but also very comforting, I hope it is. Thank you for sharing. :D

On my worst evening of grief, I wept that I just wanted one more day, knowing that I can't, but in despair "asked" my husband for a sign.
That night I dreamt for the first time since, and it was my husband telling me everything I needed to know.
I found it strangely comforting, despite believing that it was probably the work of my own brain, telling me what I wanted to hear.
Hi everyone,
All my life I have had odd experiences that can't be explained. But I don't like to go into detail about them... It has changed my perception of reality though.
I am aware of the "atmosphere" in houses, and that I have company in my present house, which is 250 yrs old.
Thanks for sharing that MORTON. It must have been a wonderful moment for you!
I have an open mind about spirituality and I havent had any experiences myself but I remember a tv interview many years ago with Sir Douglas Bader, the famous legless pilot of World War 2. It was on the Michael Parkinson chat show.
Douglas was a very practical person and thought spirituality was in peoples imagination but then he revealed an experience that he couldnt explain. He learned to play golf on his artificial legs and made friends with a tv golf commentator whos name was Jack something and Jack was spiritual and asked Douglas if he believed there was golf played in the afterlife. Douglas said he didnt believe in the afterlife so Jack said if he died first he would let Douglas know.
Douglas thought nothing more about this and soon after Jack died and Douglas attended his funeral.
A few years later, Douglas was with friends who arranged for a medium to attend a gathering for "a bit of fun" and Douglas was persuaded to talk to the medium who told Douglas he had a message for him from Jack. Douglas replied " I used to know a Jack. What is the message?" The medium said "He says the greens are good". Douglas then recollected what Jack had told him about golf in the afterlife and couldnt understand how anyone could know as he hadnt mentioned it to anyone else.
Graham1 wrote: Thanks for sharing that MORTON. It must have been a wonderful moment for you!
I have an open mind about spirituality and I havent had any experiences myself but I remember a tv interview many years ago with Sir Douglas Bader, the famous legless pilot of World War 2. It was on the Michael Parkinson chat show.
Douglas was a very practical person and thought spirituality was in peoples imagination but then he revealed an experience that he couldnt explain. He learned to play golf on his artificial legs and made friends with a tv golf commentator whos name was Jack something and Jack was spiritual and asked Douglas if he believed there was golf played in the afterlife. Douglas said he didnt believe in the afterlife so Jack said if he died first he would let Douglas know.
Douglas thought nothing more about this and soon after Jack died and Douglas attended his funeral.
A few years later, Douglas was with friends who arranged for a medium to attend a gathering for "a bit of fun" and Douglas was persuaded to talk to the medium who told Douglas he had a message for him from Jack. Douglas replied " I used to know a Jack. What is the message?" The medium said "He says the greens are good". Douglas then recollected what Jack had told him about golf in the afterlife and couldnt understand how anyone could know as he hadnt mentioned it to anyone else.
   that's a nice story Graham,I have seen a good few famous people on tv  with similar story's . but I do understand that people find it hard to believe until it happens to them.it was nice when I saw my daughter,until I realised she was never coming back,so its sad an nice.x 
MORTON, your friends and loved ones are just a thought away my friend, they always with you.
take care for now.
xx
Morton, your daughter isn't coming back "in her old form" but as Wolfie has said she is around you.....still with you.....so she isn't gone, she is still with you always....just "in a DIFFERENT form". So you haven't lost her, you can still talk to her and she will hear you....it is just that you may not hear her because she has changed.
Thank you all for your kind words.XX
I was getting ready to go work early am still dark out adn i bent down in front of our coffee table with a prayer plant on it and the whole plant leaned towards me and i thought did i just see what i thought i saw?