I know that even in a bigger town or even a city it can sometimes be hard and discouraging to find and meet people, let alone a love interest, but in the small town I live in it is almost impossible. I'm a transplant into my little community of 8,900 some odd people. Most these people grew up with each other, fell in love and stayed here. Married, widowed, divorced, they all have their own intagrated life styles. I've been divorced for four years living here and need to know how to not get tiered and to keep my eyes open for that possible maybe.
why did you move to a community with all odd people? i know every community has some odd people but when you find all are odd shouldn't you just continue driving down the road? i bet if all the odd people are in your town the next town the road most likely has a odd people shortage and that could have been the place for you.
My ex husband and I moved here because of his job. We had our second son here and until he graduates I seem to be staying here for awhile. Moving or convincing him to move becomes an empass so still working the plans through my head to be able to move sooner. Until then I've got to keep moving forward on finding friends and a relationship. Just seems to be getting harder and more discouraging.
at least you have your whole life ahead---------------
this room's software has never worked 100% and it still doesnt
I know it's easier said than done, but have you considered moving at some point? I grew up in a very small down (much smaller than yours) and am here now caring for my parents during my Summer Break. Next week, I am moving back to the town that I have called home for over 30 years and I love the place. Now that being said, I am not interested in dating and have a good support system of friends. However, when my son moved to Chicago I fell in love with the place. My dream is to move to Chicago (at least for half of the year) once I am able to retire. There is something exciting about starting over... just something to consider.
Pente5 wrote: I'm a transplant into my little community of 8,900 some odd people..

Have you ever considered that the 8,900 people might think you're the odd one? :lol:
Pente how close is the next "big/metro" town, one with anything over 25,000 people? I know how difficult it is sometimes meeting new people, especially as a single parent. Everyone is mostly coupled up and the single person sometimes feel like the 3rd wheel. I was thinking that maybe you could do a weekend day trip to an activity in the next big town (wine tasting, a festival, popular local event like a bbq cookoff or crawfish festival, sporting event, even a line dance class).
pente dont do it wait for the vaccine that sounds like advice from someone who is trying to get rid of all the hot 50plus babes that could be standing in her way of making a connection with the 50plus hunk of her dreams
dont go anywhere stay home wear a mask and formulate your post vaccine plan and why go anywhere to start a long distance relationship anyway? after covid you might consider building a 30 or 40 story high rise apartment house in the middle of your town, rent only to men and then just sit by the phone and let them fight over you
"pente dont do it wait for the vaccine that sounds like advice from someone who is trying to get rid of all the hot 50plus babes that could be standing in her way of making a connection with the 50plus hunk of her dreams"

:lol: :lol: such a diabolical plan :lol: :lol: