A friend has recently shared his desire to become a service trainer and is looking into it. He has a lot of background in military and police and raising dogs and wants to fill his days with something productive so I thought it would be a perfect fit for him. Has anyone here delved into this or know of someone who has and what were your/their experiences? I shared this funny video with him of a service dog failing his test and said I am 100% sure he could do a better job of training than this. https://innerstrengthzone.com/animals/e ... p5GKvhnuSM
A friend of mine has a "Hear ear dog" she got it as a pup and someone told her to try sending the pup for training, it was send to some place in Ontario. That little dog was wonderful for her, let her know everything, if anyone is talking to her (which she can't hear anyways), when the Elevator is coming, when someone is at the door, those kind of things.

There will be some battles like "No dogs allowed" People don't see pass that, as they don't understand what the jacket the dog is wear is all about.

Another friend has seizures, the dog will cover her body and protect her.

Another friend has one for her son, he is Autistic and bring the little boy out of his shell.

So many people are now getting the service dog, it started out as seeing eye dog for the blind and it expand from there.

My little fella, well he didn't go anywhere to be trained, he was self taught, let me know if the micro wave is beeping, or the cat is outside. When I go out, I don't take him with me because he isn't register to be a service dog.

If you are interesting in getting one, you will enjoy it, they are great companion as well. Can't spoil the dog, can't allow anyone to pet it, that is what they will tell you :) Treats, it has to be a toy/play time (break time) NO goodies. They love listening to you, so talk to him/her and they will listen.

So.. check it out and find out all about it and you will be please with the program as there are so many now in Canada. As so many people are in need of service dogs these days and the demand is high.

Police and Military dogs are service dogs too :)

https://www.dogguides.com/hearing.html

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/depot/pdstc-cdcp/index-eng.htm

http://cvsdu.ca/
DSynchronicity wrote: A friend has recently shared his desire to become a service trainer and is looking into it. He has a lot of background in military and police and raising dogs and wants to fill his days with something productive so I thought it would be a perfect fit for him. Has anyone here delved into this or know of someone who has and what were your/their experiences? I shared this funny video with him of a service dog failing his test and said I am 100% sure he could do a better job of training than this. https://innerstrengthzone.com/animals/e ... p5GKvhnuSM


I felt kinda cruel laughing at that video, Ds, but it did hilite the need for extensive aptitude testing.
cerberus97 wrote:
DSynchronicity wrote: A friend has recently shared his desire to become a service trainer and is looking into it. He has a lot of background in military and police and raising dogs and wants to fill his days with something productive so I thought it would be a perfect fit for him. Has anyone here delved into this or know of someone who has and what were your/their experiences? I shared this funny video with him of a service dog failing his test and said I am 100% sure he could do a better job of training than this. https://innerstrengthzone.com/animals/e ... p5GKvhnuSM


I felt kinda cruel laughing at that video, Ds, but it did hilite the need for extensive aptitude testing.


There are lots of disability jokes, even on the deaf which I never found offended, I been laugh at all my life because of how I talk, so people like us get use to it. Even you misinterpret what I post on the forum and take it as in insult or saying that I am mean and then go and block me because of all the misinterpretation :P ...Cerb, here in this country is what we call you "A two face" :wink:
Image
daisyjean wrote: Cerb, here in this country is what we call you "A two face"


Sticks and stones might break my bones but words of the mentally unstable will never hurt me :roll:
Image
Sticks and stones might break my bones but words of the mentally unstable will never hurt me :roll:
Image

Unfortunately it does :lol: That why you ban me, see that the female version of you chewing on the laptop :P You sound just like Jake62 :P


It's a crewl world out there :roll:

Image
cron