It is a sport and there is a bit of fitness workout in it, but does anyone here like sailing?
Being a sea cadet Naval Officer I love sailing. My son got his sailing instructors level from the cadet program. He still has a love for it but doesn't get to do much. I don't get to enjoy and afternoon on a lake anymore since I moved up North. I do miss laughing at the kids that use to overturn, we picked them up all socked :lol: :lol: :lol:
When in the Army I sailed Nichoson75and raced in the Isle Wight boat race My ambition is to sail in the whitbread round the world but I can always dream it costs about 25-30k cant get sponsorship.
It has been too long since I have felt the wind at my back... the awe of it never leaves. It would be interesting to share a sail with someone who would rekindle the knowledge and share the tiller.
truckmen wrote: It is a sport and there is a bit of fitness workout in it, but does anyone here like sailing?

I'm a kayaker and I haven't tried sailing yet, this is my next adventure to try.
Love to sail. Have a 14 foot lido that i sail once and awhile. Would sail more if I had someone to sail with.
My sailing partner of maney years sold his boat and found other activities.
have lots of sailing stories to share.
rrfinegal wrote: It has been too long since I have felt the wind at my back... the awe of it never leaves. It would be interesting to share a sail with someone who would rekindle the knowledge and share the tiller.

Hi there, just joined the 'club' and am living between Vancouver and Toronto. Grew up sailing in the Caribbean as crew and am officially learning the other side of it. Is there anyone out in Vancouver or Toronto who enjoys sailing and would like to connect? /b