morton1 wrote: :lol: Rod they do make bubble machines,  DJ use them for parties etc. no not like the the little stick we use to have as children, they still have them ones though.  Star  2nd image is an example of a  bubble machine. Star we have them big bubble things in our town center sometimes. :lol:  I always wanted to have ago but what do you think my girls said   when I said I would love ago of one of them  :cry: they use them on water as well.  Hey fullofhumour  thinking of getting a T shirt with  ' Am not normal   Am unique '   do you want me to get you one  :lol: we can wear them when we meet up  :D.    Back to Rod , Have ever watched Nemo  the film?.  there is a part were all the fish are in a tank with a little toy chest that opens and closes to let bubbles out. their is one fish every time it opens it wraps its fins around it and says' bubbles, bubbles,  my bubbles  ' or something to that effect, just reminds me of you  :lol:  in a good way  I mean.

look what I found Rod  :lol:
you girls and those two men (rod and scrummy) are sure having a lot of fun on here.  it is nice to have light conversation and fool around. I don't have a good sense of humor and can't think of anything to say. I am just having fun logging on here to read this while having my tea. you should all get together and have a meet up being as you are all like minded.  :lol: have fun you guys. i have to go to work.  :lol:
i like that yellow fish morton. do you share the treasure. i could use some. :lol:
:lol:  its Rods,ask him, he might but, you have to get pass the bubbles first  :lol:
cyberverna wrote: you girls and those two men (rod and scrummy) are sure having a lot of fun on here.  it is nice to have light conversation and fool around. I don't have a good sense of humor and can't think of anything to say. I am just having fun logging on here to read this while having my tea. you should all get together and have a meet up being as you are all like minded.  :lol: have fun you guys. i have to go to work.  :lol:

Hey there, must be nice to be able to work while you are retired, do you collect bubbles at work?
:wink:
no stardaisy I don't have a job. I just have housework. I do upstairs one day and downstairs the next.  today i did upstairs.  one day i do my laundry and one day i cook.   :lol:
I went back to bed this afternoon and had a nap, do you count that as work? :wink:
Working my way to slumberland :lol: .

Isn't housework a job, I often hear this expression, I have a job to do in the yard, or a job to do upstairs or a job to do in the garage.
morton1 wrote: they do make bubble machines.

Thank you for explaining. Now I get it. Something to reinforce the drugs the young ones take. Got it. For those of us easily amused...and I am...excellent.

morton1 wrote: Have (you) ever watched Nemo the film?

No, somehow I missed that one. I know the one you're talking about. Fish. Quit bothering the clams, Nemo! I've quite enjoyed a number of animated films. But somehow I missed reeling that one in. If there are bubbles in that film...I definitely have to watch it. Nemo is on my 'must see' list now. Thanks for drawing it to my attention. If there are a lotta bubbles in it...I'm sure it will simply delight my inner child.
morton1 wrote: BUBBLES BUBBLES BUBBLES!

YES! I understand that fish's feeling, completely. It's the rapture. When I get naked into bubbles...I am suddenly in Heaven. Wow...does that ever feel good on my bum! Then I notice the magical landscape all around me. It's like being in the Alps - winter time - only much softer. Bubbles are so neat.

But you never want to forget...jacuzzi is on...and foam stuff has been added. Else you got your tub monster. One can get so tall...well, it kinda reminded of the Pillsbury Dough Boy in Ghostbusters...when it's waddling along a street - obviously possessed. Except...this thing didn't waddle. It just stood there. Rather like a ghost or a Yeti watching me. But it did move a bit, like it was alive, because air currents...you can guess. Something tall, and light - cause it's a foam creature - you move...it moves. Spooky.

First I felt shock 'n' awe. Then...I had the thought...wow, a miracle. This thing is standing on water, just like Jesus did!

Do that once...you realize...foam is not the easiest thing to put down. What do you do then? Broom it to death? No...you go back to your typing and let it slowly subside. Moral of the story is: it's best to be careful with bubbles...and not over-do it.

My bath time rule became: when foaming...twist the timer on the fridge to ten minutes. And pay attention to the ringy-dingy. Because one tub monster is enough.

I learned. Sometimes, bubbles can be terrifying. Like when they turn into a creature. Gah...jump back a foot or so. It's time to panic a little bit. I guess I forgot...the agitator was busy agitating. Obviously.
There is a small shop, not far from me that has bubbles blowing out of a vent above the door when they are open. Love it, I often blow bubbles, I have a small container in my kitchen. They are really cheery and good for blowing at someone who may be in a strop :lol: It's hard to stay mad at someone who is blowing bubbles at you :lol:
"[Bubbles] are really cheery and good for blowing at someone who may be in a strop."

Is English English...English, Gwynnie? LOL. We colonists sometimes doubt it. LOL

Could you please define the word strop for me...as you used it? I could guess, but I'd prefer the 'official' UK version. :-)
Michael Jackson would turn in his grave,
If he saw what ye are writing about Bubbles. 
Rod, a strop is a bad temper or mood. Don't tell me you never had 'stroppy teenager syndrome' or is that one disorder you missed? :lol:
strop? ya mean someone wearing one?
Thank you. That was my presumption.

I recall an angry fit or two, as a teen. What teen doesn't have their emotional times. But generally speaking, I was very emotionally stable, compared to most. I was quiet and studious...a very good student...what some kids called a suck. (High marks equals suck.) Favorite activity...cycling. I'd spend many hours on my bike, every weekend. From even age 13 or 14...cycling seemed to me almost like a form of meditation. It teaches one good balance, physically...but emotionally too, I think. And I spent a fair amount of time in the public library. I was my own person from teen years on. Whichever way the crowd went...I'd tend to go the other way.

Back then I didn't understand fads, or people. Fifty years later, I still don't.

Grade six...this was in a small town in Alberta. There was an old man who lived in a little old house, not far from where I lived. I could see his house from where I lived. Most kids considered him creepy. (Probably totally unfair to him.) One girl told me she knew him; she would visit him now and then. She said he was nice; she got a lot of candy there at Halloween. So...I became interested in her. (This girl is gutsy; she's not afraid of creepy old men.) :-)

One day she showed me her bedroom. The walls and ceiling were completely covered with pictures of Elvis Presley. I stared in awe. There was not a square foot of her walls or ceiling that didn't have a picture of Elvis. That would have been around 1964...when he was near the height of his fame.

But...I didn't even know who he was. LOL All I knew was...whoa, I can't stay here too long. LOL Maybe that old guy is okay, but this girl.... LOL

I figured...she's kinda cute...but she's definitely crazy. LOL