I knew when I posted this I would get a reaction. 

First star you are very wrong. people can be helped, they have to do the work but they certainly can be helped.  The average person going to counselling knows about 10 percent of why they are the way they are and depending on what country they live in they will leave concealing knowing no more or at best 50 percent of the reason they are the way they are. At best they will know how to cope but not be cured. Yet the cure is very simple. It takes time and time costs money. More people get cured in Canada because counselling through health care is free and has no time limit.

But that is beside the point. Anything can be a fear or a phobia even farting in public. It doesn't make it a condition that need treatment. There is a span between anxiety and an anxiety disorder. I won't explain here what causes an anxiety disorder or what keeps it in effect, it would take roughly  a thousand words, because it is complicated even though it is based like the binary system on yes or no.

In the mean time people have fun with this, it is amazing some of the things that cause anxiety. Even funnier are the things that cause OCD. Just not to the people that have it. I think we all have a bit of OCD, hell did we not open our computers, do we not go to chat. Is that a coffee in your hand. Are you anxious because it is your third and you were only going to have one. 
By that definition we are all crazy. I don't need a shrink to put a label on me or his pills to make me more normal than the normal I already am. I'd rather be crazy than boring.  

gwynnie wrote: ...all your worrying disorders.

Actually...worrying is one thing I don't do. I've several times asked people: what exactly does worrying accomplish? So I'm lucky that way. What me worry.

Anxiety is different. That's like...ad bombardment has started. I need remote control now. But that involves no worry. Just scrambling.

gwynnie wrote: ...are they contagious?

I don't believe so. Though...some mental stuff is contagious. Like one person chuckling makes another person laugh. A yawn can spread through a crowd. Who knows what can spread. Sounds to me like you may have Contagion Anxiety. Every time I'm among strangers and someone sneezes...blowing many viruses into the air...I know that feeling. I tend to hold my breath.

You wanna know something really gross? One day I was sitting on a bus and a man sat down on the seat right in front of me...and it looked to me like his ear was kinda coming apart...owing (perhaps) to leprosy. I had to guess at what his affliction was. I didn't feel like asking him: Hey, pal, ya got leprosy? I didn't figure I could get whatever it was just by sitting behind him. I didn't move away. I just sat, wondering.

But seeing his ear like that did give me an immediate *EESH* feeling. So...I do know that feeling, Gwynnie. Is this person contagious...am I gonna get infected?

I suggest you don't worry about it, because worrying accomplishes NOTHING. And what's chances of contagion online in the first place? Worrying is just a waste of mental energy. I didn't worry that evening. But I was not about to slap this guy on the shoulder and kiss him on the ear and say, "How ya doin', pally? Welcome to Toronto. Where ya from? Central African Republic?"

(Please don't spread...whatever it is you have.)
OnlyDavit wrote: I'd rather be crazy than boring.

I need to applaud that remark. Crazy people can be very interesting...but there is nothing more tedious than someone's who's boring. Put me at a table with a crazy person every time. Boring: go away.

Someone who say...sprinkled some sugar on the table, then licked it off? Fascinating. I'm not saying I'd want to spend much time with that person. But as Spock was prone to say: fascinating.
OnlyDavit wrote: I knew when I posted this I would get a reaction. 

First star you are very wrong. people can be helped, they have to do the work but they certainly can be helped.  The average person going to counselling knows about 10 percent of why they are the way they are and depending on what country they live in they will leave concealing knowing no more or at best 50 percent of the reason they are the way they are. At best they will know how to cope but not be cured. Yet the cure is very simple. It takes time and time costs money. More people get cured in Canada because counselling through health care is free and has no time limit.

But that is beside the point. Anything can be a fear or a phobia even farting in public. It doesn't make it a condition that need treatment. There is a span between anxiety and an anxiety disorder. I won't explain here what causes an anxiety disorder or what keeps it in effect, it would take roughly  a thousand words, because it is complicated even though it is based like the binary system on yes or no.

In the mean time people have fun with this, it is amazing some of the things that cause anxiety. Even funnier are the things that cause OCD. Just not to the people that have it. I think we all have a bit of OCD, hell did we not open our computers, do we not go to chat. Is that a coffee in your hand. Are you anxious because it is your third and you were only going to have one. 
By that definition we are all crazy. I don't need a shrink to put a label on me or his pills to make me more normal than the normal I already am. I'd rather be crazy than boring.  

I never said that they can't be help or get help. I work with people with many mental illness, so I know what it is all about, in fact I am going out for lunch tomorrow with someone who as a sever mental illness and I deal with it the best way I can. Each person with the same illness isn't always the same outcome, some are better than others. She need meds to keep her sane, otherwise the law will be involve. So perhaps you didn't understand what I was trying to say?

One mental disorder is Aspergers (Autistic) that is very challenging, I know a family that has adopted a son since he was a baby, he has this and they work very hard with him, now he has his own charity, actually he started this when he was 5 years old. When he was young, he never talk, so they work with him in that area, and now he will say a few words, but never will visit with anyone.

His first time giving out backpacks was 15 backpacks, now it is growing and I don't have a clue now how many they gave out last year, I believe the year before was somewhere around 300 backpacks, His family and himself go every Christmas Eve and deliver to homeless children in Edmonton, AB.

http://www.stephensbackpacks.com/

His parents put him in a play school for kids that needed extra help.
I suppose we are lucky to have many resources for anyone. This is one of them

http://www.timetoplay.ca/
I have to agree crazy is better than boring  :lol: I never licked sugar of the table, but I did lick some holy water, no offense to anyone over the fact of licking holy water, you probably are saying why on earth would she want to do that ? the answer is simple I just wanted to know if it tasted any different to ordinary water. it tasted the same  :lol:  yes my girls looked at me if I was from another planet just shook their heads. I have anxiety disorders, I do understand what Rod means about psychiatrists.  I agree mistreatment of patients does happen. don't ask how I know  :lol:   I maybe a little crazy but not insane at least I am not boring well I don't think I am  :shock:. enjoyed reading the posts even if big words are used that I don't understand  x
Well Mort, you just made me laugh. Water here can be different, tap water taste different than bottled water, even when we were in UK, was told not to drink water there, I did have a wee taste and found it to taste different, even Edmonton water taste different than Calgary water. I often wonder if holy water is bottle water? or distilled water? They both taste different.

Mort, when I went to read about Stephen again from the link I provide, notice that they change the name that he diagnose with. I haven't seen the family in a long time, but it made me wonder as when a person grows up, they change the name or re label them, the last time I check, he just has "Asperger spectrum disorder". Now there are a few letters added to that, or they are studying more about it and learning more about it and added stuff to the label.

Yes Doctors, all of them no matter what papers they are holding, they don't know enough about your body from head to toe, not like a car that you can plug in and find the problem, our body don't have that kind of equipment, sure a scan or an MRI will help, but that don't always help to find the problem, beside it hard to replace a brain. :wink:

This young man, who is decease, his brother has Autistic, can't remember all the details, but he never talk, he never got the help that Stephen has, as we didn't have the resource for him. But he did learn sign language so that he can communicate. Yes I know that family too, Airdrie is a small city and it is easy to get to know a lot of people and when you have children in school, you get to know their parents, and when you ride the transit system, you get to know people on the transit, yes I love meeting people and getting to know them, this is why I learn that there are a lot of people here are from Windsor Ont. LOL I would joke, we should re name Airdrie to Little Windor
:lol:  omg imagine if they could look at my brain it would be in a jar labeled   ' am not sure this is human, its under further investigation '  :shock:
Did Morton say she can pee holy water,
OMG, Imagine blessing myself with that. 
Just a note, there is a new type of MRI Called a functional MRI, fMRI for short. This MRI traces and records the electrical pulses that form the neural pathways in the brain and have made some amazing discoveries in how information is used, stored and retrieved. But the most important discovery has been how different thoughts cause different paths through different parts of the brain proving positive thoughts can bypass the panic centre. In future more will be done to use thoughts instead of medication to prevent panic attacks. First though the drug companies need to be excluded so they don't use the information to make more pills we don't need with more sad side effects we definitely don't need. I'm not against medication, I'm against it being used when it doesn't need to be. 
morton1 wrote: :lol:  omg imagine if they could look at my brain it would be in a jar labeled   ' am not sure this is human, its under further investigation '  :shock:

You sure can bring light into people who have any types of disorder, mental or phyical or otherwise.
scrummy wrote: Did Morton say she can pee holy water,
OMG, Imagine blessing myself with that. 

Ya mean you can pee that holy water? :wink:
Right now, AHS has these service.

http://www.albertahealthservices.ca/info/page9911.aspx

This service is located at the Calgary Foothill Hospital
http://www.braindynamics.ca/fmri/

Each hospital in Calgary has different needs, If you call an ambulance, and they know the problem, they can take you to the right hospital.

For hearing, it is the center in Calgary that use to be the old Children Hospital.

And more to come, as there are many improvement on the way.

There is a long way for an MRI and FMRI. Because these machine are expensive and the Government can only afford so much.

fMRI is strictly for research a hospital would have no use for it. 
Not me Star, only Morton can,
She is like Mary Magdelen and Madonna, (no, not the singer) 
All in 1, she is trying to change it into wine as well,

PLZ, Anyone, dont take offence, its not blasphemy, just a giggle. 
OnlyDavit wrote: fMRI is strictly for research a hospital would have no use for it. 

That is where the research are, university hospital, there is one FMRI in Calgary at the foothill hospital.