It was on Calgary CTV news about on line dating sites and scammers as they are on the rise.
Yes I did a few testing myself, but I was safe because I have a software program that offer "Hotspot Shield" and some internet provider will offer rotation of your IP address to keep you safe.

If anyone join this site and ask you for your personal information or give you their e mail address, or give them their name and asking for yours, DO NOT contact them or inform them. Inform the site manager, this site is admin like Graham1, inform him of what is happening.
This site is by far the best site to keep us safe and secure.

Yes scammers are on the rise, so becareful. Watch out for their status, most of them say "widow/widower" and their age too.
-Do a photo check. Save a copy of their profile picture. Use Google image search. Check the results. Are they already marked up as scammers or is the return illegitimate in some way? Report to the dating site giving the evidence, including any website links.
-Note discrepancies that are a dead giveaway. For example:
They say they have been away, yet their profile shows them online (most likely chatting up some other victim online).
-The profile shows geographic inconsistencies, often referencing places that are not in geographic proximity to where they live.
`
Look closely at emails they send you. The scammer will send you an email which is full of inconsistencies, often getting their own name or your name wrong. It will be badly written and repeat itself. Watch for these other signs:
Their command of your language deteriorates with time. They may even start out having no clue about grammar or punctuation.
They make mistakes, in that their "story" begins to contradict itself here and there.
They mix pronouns (he/she, him/her).
They mention things that seem entirely unrelated to the profile they've built up of themselves, or that seem too revealing and even unbelievable.
-Be suspicious of rapid escalation. If the person suggests that the communication switch to phone calls and texting ASAP, be alarmed. Then, if the phone calls and texting rapidly escalate in expressions of love and passion, and within a matter of 5 to 6 weeks they tell you that they have fallen in love, be very alarmed.
Over-the-top expressions of feelings for you even though you haven't met are a warning sign.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=1193063
If you can't click on this link, then just copy and past it to your search engine.

Sometimes they pretend that they work for the Government, so take a look at your Government website to see if they have anything there.

They will use any social media to get in touch with you, so be aware of them.

Thought I would let you all know.
:)
Here is one image that I and I knew he was a scammer because he mention his name and asking for mine, I only told him my user name and not my real name and reported him to the site manager.
By using Google image search
https://images.google.com/
You can find out who the real person who suppose to be behind the scams.

* A scammer send me this photo

This is where he gotten the photo from to tell me his sob story.
https://www.google.com/search?sa=G&hl=e ... N7OhI30q3M:

However, not all image he or she has will be found on google image search, this is why it is important to keep all of his photos so that you can find out the real truth behind his/her sob stories.
Not sure if it the same scammer but it was a different name he use and he gotten all these photos from this site.
https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=pt&u=https://meg-golpistasvirtuais.blogspot.com/2017/09/denuncias-e-mensagens-de-emails_19.html&prev=search

So Yes, I had the opputuntity to learn about Scammers and what they do and how they do it and the link above will inform you how they do it.
Some tips

Hello, My name is AGENT Gadner Jamie from Desk of UN & federal ministry Helping and Supporting all People ,We remember your name on our list here and your money is available for you to claim, Let us know if you ready to claim the mon

Alright,you will need to fill a form for security reason and where we will keep your info so we not going to send the money to Wrong person,are you ready to fill out the form now?
Name :Address :
Date of birth
Married/Single :
Phone /Text Number :
E-mail :
What do you do for a work :
Monthly Income :
Credit score:
Do you own or rent house :
Driver license Number Expiry Date :
Issuing State
Regards
GADNER JAMIE
Claim Manager
U.S Direct Relief Funding Program

I know for a fact that no Government agent would write like this, beside, this is for anyone who live in USA, they didn't take into consideration where I live, but I don't think they care, just as long they gotten the info that they need. All they want is your private information regardless of where you live or what country you live in.

So, don't give them any information to gain their attention or for their use to ... most likely to attack you with something like a virus for your computer. Yes they are that bored.

Like I said earlier, check out your Government website to see what they offer, don't rely on anything from any social media, or dating sites.

Some more tips.

Now, this scammer tried to get me to have an account with "BROWN SHIPLEY GROUP BANK ENGLAND" made a fake website, so why in the world would I join them when I live in Canada?

BROWN SHIPLEY GROUP BANK ENGLAND from what I understand are for the UK folks only, so I check the info with the real BROWN SHIPLEY GROUP BANK ENGLAND website, send them a message, gotten a reply stating it is a fraud.
Not only that, wanted me to deposit money into the TD bank, so why in the world would I send money to the TD bank to opne another account? Which don't make any sense to me at all. So always double check the website on the net first.

Below is an example of them sending me info. See how demanding this person is to get the money lol, never gotten a nickle from me, this most likely got this scammer really upset :D

Do you have the $1,400 available now?

Richard Griffin
BROWN SHIPLEY GROUP BANK ENGLAND
87, HARDMAN ST, MANCHESTER M3 3HF, UK
Direct Email : richard.brownshipley@gmail.com
Official Email : richardgriffin@brownshipleygroupbank.com
Telephone : +447451248429

We didn't receive any positive response from you so we have decided to cancel you funds and send it to the government as unclaimed funds except of course you are willing to change from your tossing attitude and concentrate on the claim of your funds.

Richard Griffin
BROWN SHIPLEY GROUP BANK ENGLAND
87, HARDMAN ST, MANCHESTER M3 3HF, UK
Direct Email : richard.brownshipley@gmail.com
Official Email : richardgriffin@brownshipleygroupbank.com
Telephone : +447451248429
*Notice this person mention Government, want to scare me, lol it sure didn't work.
It is wise not to use your real name on "On line dating" sites, anyone who join can use their bot to find you by your name, all they need is either your first name or last name and do a search hack into any social media you have join, like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, so on and so forth. Once they find you, they can hack into those site data base and find your information. I know this site is really safe, hard to hack into this site and all your information is safe here.

I had an old e mail address, that the hacker/scammer use to send me e mails pretending to be one of my friend or family member, it can happen to you as well. you would think... Oh got an e mail from so and so, so you of course would open it and see what they have to say to you. Uh oh, it not what you expected, the first thing you do is check the e mail address of the sender, wondering how in the world they come up with that domain address, well it is a bot that make it up and provide you with a link, as you all should know, never ever click on the link unless you know for sure that person you know and the correct e mail address, the link can provide a spyware, malware, trojan, so on and so forth, so that they can have total control over your computer. Every keystroke you use, the hacker/scammer will know. Also any images they send can contain spyware, malware and the like, so becareful of that too. If you click on anything like that, do a virus scan right away, you can do a virus scan on any images they send and it will be fix by your program what ever anti virus software you use.

I gotten to the point that I don't even open the e mail because I know who it is from and what it contain in that body of e mail.

For those who use their real name in the dating site, just becareful with your other accounts you have on the net. Facebook you can lock scammers out, but they may have had access to all your friends on your list, so beware of what is going to happen, maybe change e mail address and let all your friends know, but you have to do it without the hacker being aware of this. and still, they can hack into your account with Facebook or any social media you use on the net.

Change your password often, now depending how often the hacker or scammer been doing you in, depends on how often you should change password, some it maybe every 3 months, for some every week. But still ... change your password at the most 3 months as it is recommend with any sites on the net, even emails.

Anyone with gmail can get your domain e mail location, or the IP address, Google use to have it free for anyone who use gmail, but they stop that and the only way you can get the domain IP is if you subscribe for it and get the Domain IP. Even if you don't use gmail, the hacker/scammer can still pick up your IP address of what ever e mail server you use because hacker/scammers use gmail.

Be net wise and have fun :D
Some info about scammers

Fake Profile / Scammer
• Immediately pressured to move communication off the Match site
• Asked for my financial details
• Requested money from me
• Profiles/photos appear to be of someone else

Inappropriate Profile
• Inappropriate/vulgar text in profile
• Profile includes user’s email or phone number
• Commercial solicitations or urls to other sites
• References to illegal activities
daisy, you suggest a scammer is easily identified by poor spelling and grammar in emails.

all my emails are like that! lol
Dionysus wrote: daisy, you suggest a scammer is easily identified by poor spelling and grammar in emails.

You are right, it make one wonder who you dealing with, even my grammer isn't all that great.
But it was just mention on some people who are scamming but then again, you can get some good ones who can have good english, this site, there are all walk of life, poor grammar or not.

Like this news for example
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-37632259
daisyjean wrote:
Dionysus wrote: daisy, you suggest a scammer is easily identified by poor spelling and grammar in emails.

You are right, it make one wonder who you dealing with, even my grammer isn't all that great.
But it was just mention on some people who are scamming but then again, you can get some good ones who can have good english, this site, there are all walk of life, poor grammar or not.

daisyjean wrote:
daisyjean wrote:

But you can protect yourself by reading this article
https://www.scamwatch.gov.au/types-of-scams/unexpected-money/nigerian-scams
A lot of on line dating sites that are base in USA will put warnings on their websites but this site don't have warnings so that why I am posting some of the warning to help people to understand it and how to protect themselves.
This is enough to scare the hell out of someone. These places sound dangerous. I may have to leave.