Love and Sex and Misconceptions

Most people think that love and sex are intertwined. They are not and I can prove it. Think about your love for your children. That is probably the deepest love there is and I hope nobody answers that wants to have sex with their children.

People enter into the marriage contract or even the relationship contract as if the other was chattel. My spouse. My BF/GF. Mine mine mine like a two year old. The thinking needs to be partnership instead of possession.

This is the thinking that allows me personally to never be jealous. To separate love from sex as they have nothing to with each other. In a natural state monogamy does not really exist. Yea, tell me about geese and penguins, but it can't be proven.
The higher animals it's unheard of.

Humans are the highest of all animals. I see no reason to ever hold my partner back as it ca be exciting to him. I mean If some super model wanted to sleep with my partner I would never hold him back. I would actually encourage him as I would want him to share all the details later and make it a bonding event.

I must be weird to be able to make this jump.

Re: Love and Sex and Misconceptions

I do think love and friendship is a healthy way to have a long lasting relationship. If you can't be a friend then love is not in the equation. I expect a woman to have a sex life and enjoy it not just go through the motion. God Gave us 2 legs to walk, 2 hands to hold, 2 ears to hear, 2 eyes to see! He only gave us 1 heart! Why? He gave the other one away and it's up to us to find it. Good luck and I hope everyone out there finds it. There's nothing that compares! :) :)

humans are the highest of all animals and seek compassion from a higher being yet show no compassion for the lesser animals pork chops, fried chicken, roast beef, fur coats ...

There are different types of love so I'm a bit confused about the opening argument. The love you have for your mate is totally different from the love you have for your children or family. Both are strong but independent of each other, for example:
Agape love = unconditional love
Storge Love = love of child
Eros love = physical love

There are also different types of relationships, some are monogamous while others are open. All relationships do not involve love or commitment.
Love, relationships, and sex sometimes work together but not always.

There are different types of love so I'm a bit confused about the opening argument. The love you have for your mate is totally different from the love you have for your children or family. Both are strong but independent of each other, for example:

There are also different types of relationships, some are monogamous while others are open. All relationships do not involve love or commitment.
Love, relationships, and sex sometimes work together but sometimes they don't.

Yea, I expected this argument. Only you cannot separate love into categories that define the type. They are all the same. Those fancy terms have been made by people who have a psychological need to tie sex to love rather than separate. To continue the contract as chattel instead of making it a partnership and being open and honest.

Ladykym11 wrote: There are different types of love so I'm a bit confused about the opening argument. The love you have for your mate is totally different from the love you have for your children or family. Both are strong but independent of each other, for example:

Love, relationships, and sex sometimes work together but not always.

Psychological .... Nahhh!! more like Biblical.
60 years of listening to ministers preach about "love" vs "lust" for their valentine's day sermon. lol
Is this topic personal for you? I'm just responding to your open forum topic but it seems that this may be a bit personal for you. Either way its good to exchange perspectives.