“When you let go of things, they let go of you.”

When you harbor resentment, anger or bitterness, the person you end up harming the most is yourself.

Negative emotions have a way of creating negative energy that destroys positive emotions, like generosity, love and joy.

Although the unhappy situation may be long gone, you may be allowing it to hold you back by holding onto the feelings it evoked.

Today, vow to start “cleaning out” that inner vault of negativism. Try to forgive those who’ve caused you previous pain, and if you can’t forgive, at least learn to forget.

Break free!

Let go!

Move forward with optimism. It’s the best way to find happiness.

©Jane Powell
I couldn't agree more and unless you have taken that advice, then
you won't know how truthful it is. Can you afford not to try it?

I am sure that if you adopt these ideas, then you will add years to
your life.

Ron
I agree... :) Let go! Image
I agree to some point. I do not let negative emotions determine the person I am today, but they have shaped me. Just because the emotions you have are not all fuzzy bunnies and colorful rainbows, does not mean they should be tossed aside. We need those emotions, to temper us, and to teach us. Without the negative we would not know the joy of the positive, nor would we learn from our past mistakes. If anger has enabled me to overcome a fear, it is anger well used. If fear has enabled me to strive to learn how to over come that fear, that in itself has enabled me to live with less fear. It is not in the human condition to be in a place of the lighter emotions constantly. The key is, to know when and how to use all emotions. When to move forward, and when to chose another path. It has been taught on tv, in books, in schools and in all media...that we should only embrace the rainbows. In trying to embrace only the lighter emotions, we learn nothing, nor can we heal those things that threaten our sanity. Our well being is determined by our total use of all emotions.
Laurie
TheLadyL wrote: I agree to some point. I do not let negative emotions determine the person I am today, but they have shaped me. Just because the emotions you have are not all fuzzy bunnies and colorful rainbows, does not mean they should be tossed aside. We need those emotions, to temper us, and to teach us. Without the negative we would not know the joy of the positive, nor would we learn from our past mistakes. If anger has enabled me to overcome a fear, it is anger well used. If fear has enabled me to strive to learn how to over come that fear, that in itself has enabled me to live with less fear. It is not in the human condition to be in a place of the lighter emotions constantly. The key is, to know when and how to use all emotions. When to move forward, and when to chose another path. It has been taught on tv, in books, in schools and in all media...that we should only embrace the rainbows. In trying to embrace only the lighter emotions, we learn nothing, nor can we heal those things that threaten our sanity. Our well being is determined by our total use of all emotions.
Laurie

What you say is so true I liked what you wrote and your spot :) on 
Thanks for the great replies friends... :D
Letting Go

To know what it is like to be up you have to know what it was like to be down.

To think that I can only grow by accepting either positive or negative emotions means nothing I can feel as positive as I want or as negative as I want but the one thing I have to remember is I am responsible for all my emotions and no one person or group of people can make me feel anything.  

I am respoonsible for how I am every second of every minute of every hour of every day of my life.  
I can choose to be right and therfore unhappy or enjoy every moment that alows me to express and create the life I want.  Neale Donald Walshe wrote in his books Conversations With God, "What Is The Grandest Version of The Greatest Vision You Hold For Yourself" and that for me is to live a life that is full of joy and happiness, and that means accepting all that goes with life the good and the not so good and yet knowing that all I have to do is keep choosing to live and to forgive.  We are sourrounded by angels no matter what form they take or our perception of them.

When someone comes into my life and they are a part of the not so good experiences of my life, what I see is someone who has been real brave and come into my life so that I get to experience what its like to be that forgiving to be that which I have always wanted to be.  They keep showing up in order for me to choose again and experience all the love and forgivness that I want as part of my life.

Letting Go, two words, and a life full of learning that no forum would be able to contain because of it vastness yet Letting Go and showing up in order to learn is soooooo worth it.

Wonderful words of wisdom.  :)
Jessy wrote:
Break free!
Let go!
 ©Jane Powell

I just did..................
oh Broadcaster, you are incorrigible. :lol:

Letting go - well, it sure is difficult sometimes. I want to let go of certain disappointments, emotions that go with it, etc. It seems a bit of rumination, turning it over this way and that, looking at it from different points is necessary for me before letting it go. Where do I fit in? What did I do, could have done better, or was it just plain and simply, 'not my fault'. Things do happen that way sometimes. As was mentioned in an above post, how brave that person was to come into your life to teach you something. Good way to look at it. I guess while ruminating the insights, the lesson comes in. I sure hope so. I can forgive, forgetting is a little bit harder. And maybe that's o.k. too, that is, the remembering part, so that I can better understand next time something similar may happen. Who knows, I could be the perpetrator another time and I would want to be forgiven.
Unforgiveness is like drinking a glass of poison and hoping the other person will die.  :D
seashells wrote: oh Broadcaster, you are incorrigible. :lol:

At least it seems to bring a smile on the faces of the most. Of course there always are few exceptions but one can't win em all. can one?

Yes, I did laugh! I'm sure others did too. :D
seashells wrote: Yes, I did laugh! I'm sure others did too. :D

Though I must admit I had to look that adjective up to ensure it was not contagious
Forgiving is not forgetting, it's letting go of the hurt. Past is the past, you can't change it. You have to stop looking back and step forward, but not forgetting the memory otherwise you are likely to make the same mistake.