Candlefish, wasn't sure who you were referring to, so no... not at all sweating, if you said it as a joke, then no harm done. As you can see, your English didn't go with my English as to the "Understanding of the whole thing" If this is the case then no harm done. See how easy it is to be confuse with A.S.L. and your English? It like that in our every day life, so yes I am use to it (the confusion part of the English language and always keep telling people of how our Language work. yup it an never ending job, unless you have a sever hearing loss or deaf then the understanding part will fall into place). I stated it in the forum many times, even mention it in my blog. So yes, life like this has made me a stronger person... All I can say is......Thank God!

Sorry LadyL, don't have a clue what you are saying once again. :shock:

If you feel that you need to put in your 20 cents worth, then so be it... go for it, doubt if I will understand what you are saying anyways. :shock:
totally outside all this discussion, how is it right for a man to be knocked to the ground with a heap of bodies on top of him, to be in a chokehold, his cries about breathlessness to be ignored, so that of course he dies, then for the guy who killed him to go scot free while in fact every guy in that pile-up is a murderer, and a system that had those guys feeling it was ok to do what they did, is an utterly shameful system and will reap its rewards in more and more trouble and a very divided society.

Sorry for interrupting your intellectual train of discussion.
:lol: I don't have a clue what anyone is saying,    big words    :lol:,   but I understand someone comment , thank you someone, so I have to agree with what you said. x
Thank you “Someone” I don’t get their system either. Are all cops murders? Hate to bring this up again but Michael Brown being shot six times, usually a revolver has six bullets in a chamber, so in other words, that cop empty his gun and costing the system more money to refill his gun again… I just don’t get it at all. Yet the USA is in Trillions of dollars in debt? No wonder they are in debt!
So … “Someone”, not at all that you are interrupting on this topic, it like what I call a chain reaction on this topic. Your point of view justifies my topic of how the bible is use in today’s world… and it is agreeing to what I am pointing out the METAPHORS in this subject, I am also happy that you are posting your point of view as well as Morton point of view on this board.

As dopey2 mention “Lake of fire = imprisonment” we can be imprisonment in our own mind, like bullies, they suffer the consequence of their actions by having a police firing six bullets from one chamber. We can also be in jail in our own mind as well, that is by not having anyone to socialize, not having any friends. So the choices we choose is by the actions we choose to be with and learn from. We can also be jailed in our own mind. As the bible quote, the mark of the beast, it could mean that we think evil. Or to be marked, we can even to begin to think evil like in the same manner as a bully does, so the bible set an example of how we can mark our mind. By teaching those bullies, to choose the actions wisely and not be the subject of that mark, so to become clean is to be baptize and wash away all your sins and start to think in a positive manner, as even today, health authorities are educating the public to wash our hands to be free of germs, so we wash our sins away to be free of evil. Or are the cops being paranoid that they over react on their job?

As for Prophecies, it is the way one view things in life and can determine what the bible is trying to say to us as I mention, it upon one’s view on how to view the words in life. Has nothing to do with witch craft. Keep in mind, over 2000 years ago, they didn’t have what we have today, no prescribe drugs for our illness, so they had to depend on what God has on earth for us as in Herbs, botanical garden that we have in some cities, so in other words Prophecies is one’s way of thinking as well as to use his way to create a life for ourselves without prescribe drugs that we have in today’s world. We all think differently and say things differently as I stated to Candlefish. French speaking, Spanish speaking, ASL speaking, evens the hardest Language we have today “English”. Prophecies also mean that it can translate our way of thinking from negative point of view to a positive point of view.

Warnings? God mention about watch out for warning signs, there are many, for example, a rainbow around the sun or moon, or rain bow around the sun that are like brake disc, that means there is more bad weather is coming, again keep in mind over 2000 years ago, there were no satellite dish.. Half the time the meteorologist is wrong, so if you depend on signs that God mention in the bible, we can determine what we are looking forward to in the fore future.

Even the first nation believe in what as they say, “Mother Earth” has to offer us, they still use those earth grown medicine to live today.

Thus is the reason why the bible is for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness as Dopey2 said... I just did reproofing and corrections for those who don't understand the biblical terms, or tried to at least… that is all God is trying to tell us, is to try to understand it.

To translate from King James Version (KJV) to New International Version (NIV) you can see how it can change one’s view?

2 Timothy 3:15-17King James Version (KJV)

15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17 That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

2 Timothy 3:15-17New International Version (NIV)

15 and how from infancy you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. 16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17 so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

Salvation meaning to save you from evil, save yourself from being a bully, save yourself from shooting someone without a reasonable doubt.

Reproofing is just that example.. reproof to help one to understand what it is saying, As English has different ways of saying things, if one way don’t work, then try another way.
Non prophecy is when one don’t follow the bible, they are not saved, in other words, be in blessings way and not in harms way.

Reproofing = in other words.
In other words, the cop that ended Michael Brown and Eric Garner life, they were the judge as how to fix those people and putting them in hell before death. Those cops thought they were God.
The bible also quote [I just reproof]

Galatians 5:22-23New International Version (NIV)
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

If we were not imprisionment in our mind, we would follow what God is asking us to do, therefore those who were killed by the cops wouldn’t ended up being justified by the cop with them ending their life, so by living by God’s words is an example that we see today and what has happen in the USA with the cops ending two people lives. The prophecy of anyone is one way of thinking, one way of how God wants us to live, to live in peace and harmony.
If those cops approach those who lives were ended, there is a good way to approach them without ending their lives, are they trained to approach those who are oversize like Michael Brown? Or Eric Garner? Yes they were acting like if they were God and had the power to do what they think they can do, but like Jephthah thinking he was God, even tho he pray to God for the power to win, it isn’t for him to take his daughter life, thus is why later on as Paul stated the fruit of the spirit as an after thought. To set a good example because of what Jephthah did. So in my view, God allow Jephthah to think of it in his way and the outcome to show an example of what can happen and do we allow that? That is one’s choice, one free will to choose how we can live our lives, then Paul stated to the people in Galatia.
So it has nothing to do with witch craft? Nope, if one sit back and take time to reflex in other words pray, be kind has nothing to do with witch craft and if you take the time to think. Stress cause a lot of illness like Hyperactive Thyroid, so if you take time to reflex=pray, you won’t be doing anyone harm, you are giving that person peace and this help them to stay healthy.
Now Candlefish, why write about anyone in the bible, ok… if the bible didn’t say don’t add to this book… I could write about you and your behavior towards God? Why write about them, it is to reflex on example of those people and how they lived their lives, it like a journal of God’s words put all together and name it “Bible” not memoirs
For you Candle the version for you to pick your brain with is the KJV. ~ only if you choose to...

Now for a man that don't care about history, Candlefish just did a very short history of his boyhood on English word of "LET". So therefore it is written, it is written in here as the people of God or in those days.... it is also written.

I didn't realize it was a metaphor stardaisy.  That helps me to
understand you better.  Thanks.
I must say, you are very knowledgeable, you must do a lot of research.
Good for you.   
Actually when you stop to think about it, as I been telling everyone on this thread, it how one view the book "Bible" it is full of Metaphors.
WOW,that was long, but I did understand most of it. that makes a change for me   :lol:   it was worth going cross eyed for. but what I don't get, is this  with out causing any more trouble , if people do not follow the bible they don't go to heaven?, the way I see it there is good and evil in all of us. everyone has a choice to either be good or evil, we all know right from wrong.  we are taught this has children most of us any way. I do not read the bible or go to church, but I do choose to try and be a good person and not be evil. because I do think there is higher power than us.God . I would like to think that is who I want to meet when my time comes,. I do not think he will judge me on not reading his bible, but on how I lived my life and treated mankind and the animal kingdom to. I understand that the bible brings comfort to many people, I respect that. but everyone is different and have there own way of excepting God. there are many people who do not think their is a God, again I respect that to. but what I have seen and still do is mankind fighting and war breaking out over God and the fact does he exist. for the people that do think God exist   there is only one god and he comes in many shapes and forms for different people. not everyone agrees on the bible or God but we have to learn to respect that persons point of view.  :D
This is in response to Mortons post.I agree with  her philosophy, I think she summed up in one paragraph all that is required of us in order to lead agood life that would be pleasing to God if He exists. I dont intend to be drawn into that discussion other than to agree with Morton in relation to other ppeoples viewpoint. The world would be a much better place if we could live our lives in that way and respect all peoples erqually.
Thank you aeneus, I was expecting to be told off  :lol:,, am glad you understood what I was trying to say.as many people know I am not good at wording things . x :)
Morton, many places throughout the forums I see you putting yourself
down by saying things like this.  Please don't do that.  You are intelligent, friendly and very smart.  Some people use big words that I don't
understand too, but we all have our place in the world.  Bet those
people with the big words couldn't bake a scrumptious apple pie like you and me........ :lol:  Your "gift" is just as important as anyone else's and we
all have gifts. 
“To be intelligent, be complex; to be wise, be simple.” ― Debasish Mridha 
Thank you WhiteOrchid, I just see it has no one can put me down has much as I can put myself down, am happy that way,its just who I am, I can bake a good cherry pie to  :lol:, it was kind of you to take the the time to leave me a nice comment  :D X
Morton, after reading dopy2 explanation on the other forum, I figure that some won’t understand what he was trying to say, so I thought I would break it down for those like you who don’t understand the biblical terms to the best of my ability. I am not trying to make people to go to church or to read the bible, or to believe in what I believe in as that is one’s choice. In other words, a light came on and got me to thinking.

No, by not attending church or reading the bible don’t make you a sinner, a lot of people believe that when they don’t do what they are ask of them to do it (attend church or read the bible), on the last day of your life, you can ask for “Forgiveness” and God will allow that for you enter the Kingdom. Or in some cases, others will ask God for “Forgiveness” to allow you to enter into the kingdom of Heaven or the heavenly realm… now don’t ask me how to explain that (realm) as I don’t understand that yet. Some believe that if you don’t go to church or read the book of God’s word, and ask for “Forgiveness” every night or every morning or however as often you want to, you will enter the kingdom of heaven. Sure God might ask you why you didn’t do what he want you to do and only for you to answer to him your reason, we don’t need to know your reason. So yes after reflexing on dopey2 write up, I had time to reflex on everything. AND others comments too.

Different people have different belief and I too will respect that, in fact I am the type that is curious on what you believe in, as you notice that I mention about the Jews and I am no Jewish by all means. I have not been to church since I don’t know when, but I do read the bible of different version so that I can get a grasp on what they are talking about (in public places) and come to a better understanding, not to judge on what they believe in, just to see their point of view. We all have different point of views and it is to be respected. So maybe someone will explain their point of view of what God is trying to tell, it might be different than my point of view.

Yes there are many that don’t think that God exist and many think God is three person in one and some think that God is God (not in trinity). Yes some people find comfort in reading the bible, or learning about God as well as history of that time and how it has change.

Yes there is good and evil in all of us, some think one thing is evil and other doesn’t think it is evil…. Just like I mention… it how one view things, sure you may think one thing is evil but I don’t or vice versa. Right now, I don’t have a clue what you think is evil and I don’t or the other way around. A good example of this is the Eric Garner case, we seen evil in that but the Americans don’t see evil in it.

Also I know I gave you a rough time of it about not going to church or reading the bible, but you stood your ground.

Lots of good Samaritans don’t read the bible or go to church. Even right now, lots are doing the shoeboxes that we have going here in Canada for less fortunate children around the world.

Yes Morton, you are not alone on what we understand and don’t understand, we know that there are some big words on forum that are fancy or as an alias, like couch, sofa, chesterfield, or even the way people word things, like I say, there are different ways of saying things if one way don’t work then try another way. Like WhiteOrchid said, some can do things that we can’t do and some can’t do what we can do, we all each have our gift, like being kind to one another.

There is nothing wrong with asking questions either. Sometimes I feel like an idiot asking a question so I don’t bother asking them, but I see that I am going have to start asking questions so that when I say I don’t know, I mean “I don’t know”. Sometimes I would say “I don’t have a flipping clue”.

aeneus & Morton as well as everyone who read this.....~ Sorry for making it so long, as I am a basic member and instead of wasting my time coming back 10 times, I just say it all in one breath.
Morton - you are a good, warm, interesting human being. I don't look in here often but when I do, your humanity shines out above many others. value yourself.
Like I said star, I enjoyed and understood what you where saying ,I understand it is a long post,  It had to be long, to get people like me to understand what you where trying to get a cross. you took the time to  explain  I appreciate that. I was not having ago at you, I never said you where trying to make people go to church or read the bible. I admit I was confused by other posts and  blogs on this subject, like post being left saying if you don't read the bible and don't do what God asks  of you , then you end up in the lake of fire. and more stuff wrote like that. you answered  my question, that I don't need to read the bible or go to church to be excepted by God. so I will stand by what I believe in, that it don't matter if God does not except me for who I am and what I have done in my lifetime, as long has I know, I have excepted God in my own way. this comment is not only in reply to you star but to Dopye2  who had no right to judge me or anyone else on their beliefs. everyone should respect each others beliefs. and not fight over who is right and who is wrong. the way I see it there is no right or wrong , everyone deserves respect for what they believe in.  weather we agree or disagree, As long has people realise we all have a choice to make our own decisions in what our beliefs are. and treat each other with respect.  x :)
someone wrote: Morton - you are a good, warm, interesting human being. I don't look in here often but when I do, your humanity shines out above many others. value yourself.

Thank you someone, that was very nice of you to say,  I will try  xx