This weekend the comet 46P/Wirtanen will pass close to the Earth at only 7.2 million miles and will be at its brightest on Sunday 16th December near the star cluster Pleides to the top right of Orion.

Navigation

Orion

Pleides
hhmm CERB,, like I know where pleides is and orion ? I am in Arizona.. Should i look to the east, west, south or north ? Will it be visible from Arizona ? I at least know I have to look skyward,, dang..............
LOL BW, maybe he will fly you to his country so that he can show you? :wink:
blackwidow wrote: hhmm CERB,, like I know where pleides is and orion ? I am in Arizona.. Should i look to the east, west, south or north ? Will it be visible from Arizona ? I at least know I have to look skyward,, dang..............

Top marks, BW, it's in the sky lol
How can I find Orion?

Click on your location below to view the Orion Finder Chart specific to your location. (Charts have been created for latitudes 40S, 20S, 0, 20N, 40N, 60N.) Each chart represents the sky looking toward Orion at approximately 8 pm in March, 2007. Once you have found Orion the first time, you will never have a problem finding him again! Practice online.

https://www.globeatnight.org/observe_finder.html
blackwidow wrote: hhmm CERB,, like I know where pleides is and orion ? I am in Arizona.. Should i look to the east, west, south or north ? Will it be visible from Arizona ? I at least know I have to look skyward,, dang..............

Or you could stand on a turn table and look skyward? :wink:
Pretty, isn't it?