ha ha two ... you know you don't mean that lol : )) giggling
You're right Jane. He's a teddy bear really.

Im doing a clear out here, all rubbish in drawers,
I Found 200 dollars, prob from last yrs trip,
Dont tell Trump, Hed prob want me shot.
Well Alex 59
I am new to this I am always the optimist cup half full not cup half empty .You know I joined this site to find friends first and foremost that is what is important to me To be able to talk and have a laugh ,I know I have a large circle of people around me but I always feel that they are there cos they want something off me .So now I am looking outside my comfort zone, Its a big world out there and there must be people out there of a similar mind set .Maybe you have been hurt, I don't know all I know is that I am coming out of a dark place where I have been and I feel happier now . I hope you do soon too
It's a start.
Alex59, I like how you think. I had my doubts about whether or not a dating site would produce the results advertised, and I've come to the conclusion that your statistics are spot-on. While some might find your language somewhat harsh, I believe you are only stating the empirical facts. This is my last free post and I won't be paying for a subscription as a result of my findings which match yours. Instead, I have resolved that I will spend more time in meetup groups in real life and hope to find a better friendship that way. I don't do social media and I find these dating sites are just another form of that. Best of luck to all of you.
Thank you, Graham, for your moderation of this site; I think you've done a great job, but the venue itself is not for me.
My humble opinion is that many online lookers have unreasonable expectations. after all how long did it take for you and your previous mate to iron out the kinks- a lifetime I think
Cliche warning- Take it one step at a time- you are first looking for possible connections and then if fortunate , friendship, and then maybe more. Personally I would be delighted with companionship, certainly to start and if that’s all well nothing wrong with that.

The majority of times ........probably not............ partner-wise.

Friends I have made and that is valuable as well!

singleme
I dont think this site is helping because have been on this site for long time and i'm getting tired of this and My Believe is that there's one woman out there that can help me find that Love and affection again.
morton1 wrote: if this is how you feel about dating sites  then why are you on one,

but this isn't really a dating site, is it? more of a social network for over 50s. If somebody neets the "one" on here, good luck to them, but with over 8 billion members, 3 success stories isn't much of a trend.

just saying...
Dionysus wrote:
morton1 wrote: if this is how you feel about dating sites  then why are you on one,

but this isn't really a dating site, is it? more of a social network for over 50s. If somebody neets the "one" on here, good luck to them, but with over 8 billion members, 3 success stories isn't much of a trend.

just saying...

3 Success stories? In this site I read more than three, or are we looking at the same site?

Dating site? I suppose it all depends on what you call dating? Friendship dating, partnership dating, pet dating, I am sure there are more than that for dating, again I suppose it depends on what you classfied dating?
I met a lot of nice people in this site, some of them I met in person and some I met only in here by chatting :) .

I don't care much for bar scene, so won't find me dating anything there lol. However, I am sure there are a lot more success stories from this site that never posted, they just up and left this site in peace?

The problem with these sites, it on line, can be from anywhere (except for those places that are block from dating sites), might find your match but miles away, that can be a problem so who is willing to relocate? Or can you relocate?

There was a gentleman here from somewhere near Manchester, England, his son move to Airdrie, Ablerta, Canada, he comes here to visit them every so often, I met him while he was walking his son's dog. BUT he isn't willing to relocate, just don't want to move from his country as he love where he lives.
There's something I read, I don't recall who wrote it. Sadly, it wasn't me, but it goes like this..

"Parting with friends is true sorrow, but a place is just a place."
morton1 wrote: . I know I am thick sometimes,( ok most of the time lol).

i don't think you're thick, Morton, but you are certainly fiesty. lol :-)
Jake62 wrote: There's something I read, I don't recall who wrote it. Sadly, it wasn't me, but it goes like this..

"Parting with friends is true sorrow, but a place is just a place."

By Franck Herbert?

However, it is true.