Does anyone have any "tried and true" crock pot recipes?  I have a crock pot and I have never used it, so I think it is about time.  
I have two, small one and a large one. I put anything in it with a bit of chicken broth as you don't want anything to be dried out.
I have some recipes for crock pot that are good will have to look them up and post tomorrow.....have you ever checked out pinterest....all kinds of neat recipes, crafts, ideas ....only problem is that it is addicting....
This is on of my favorites. I make it quite often when I have had people who had family members pass away and they are expecting family or friends to come in and they need to feed quite a few people. I make this BBQ beef and buy some hanburger buns. You can probably feed at least 10-12 people. I also make it a lof for potlucks. Enjoy! :D

SHREDDED BARBEQUE BEEF (CROCK POT)
5 lbs. chuck roast
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. apple cider vinegar
2 c. water
2 3/4 c. catsup
1 tbsp. dry mustard
1 lg. onion, chopped
1 to 2 cloves garlic, minced
Cut chuck roast in 3 to 4 inch cubes. Combine the beef, brown sugar, vinegar and water in a crockpot. Cook on Hi for several hours, then turn on low. When beef is very tender, remove beef from crockpot and pour off some of the liquid into a separate container. Shred beef with a knife. Return beef to crockpot and add catsup, mustard, onion and garlic and enough liquid beef water cooked in to make a nice consistency (like sloppy joes). Stir to blend. Cook on low until ready to serve. Serve on buns. Yield: 12 to 14 servings.
Thanks girls.  :D
Here is another favorite. I also add onions and garlic since I love both of those on hashbrowns. :D

CROCK POT POTATOES
1 bag frozen hash browns
1 can evaporated milk
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
1 c. French fried onion rings
2 c. grated cheddar cheese
Mix all ingredients and place in well greased crock pot. Cook on high heat for 4 hours or low heat for 6 to 7 hours.
Thanks Carla.   :D
I haven't checked pinterest.  I don't know that site, although I have seen it talked about a few times...
Hi Jessy,

My family enjoys this roast and it's so-o easy and doesn't heat up the house because it's not cooked in the oven.  And, it's TENDER!!!

Place a chuck roast (that's what I use, but other roasts work as well) in the crockpot.  Sprinkle well with garlic powder, salt and pepper.  Place chopped onion on top of roast.  Pour water around edges of roast, just up to the sides--(don't cover top of roast with the water).  Turn heat to either low or high and wait for it to cook 'til it becomes real tender.  (3-6 hours, depending on temperature and crock pot.)

I put the water in because my daughter likes the juices to put over rice or potatoes. It can also be cooked without the water and it cooks just fine.  Sometimes I put potatoes on the bottom, then a layer of carrots and/or celery.  You may also use beef stew pieces in lieu of a whole roast. Crock pot stew is the best!!

Almost anything that you cook in a pot on top of the stove can be cooked in the crock pot and you don't have to tend to it:  Chicken and rice, chicken and noodles, beef stroganof, mac n' cheese, etc. I've tried all of these recipes and they're yummy--if you want me to send them.  

Mac n' cheese makes a great dish for a potluck. Cook it at home, take the whole crockpot to your dinner and it stays nice and warm.  So easy and tastes delicious!

Wanda  
here is a recipe that only takes 2 hours to cook in oven and is wonderful.....it is called ...No Peek Chicken.......put oven on 350 degrees you will need a oven safe pot (probably a 6 to 8 quart) ith a lid.....place 1 box of Uncle Bens wild long grain rice with seasoning, I can of cream of chicken soup, 1 can of cream of celery soup and I can of water....mix all these together and then lay uncooked boneless chicken breasts across the top of other ingredients (I usually put 4 or 5)....place top on your pot and place in preheated oven ....and don't peek.....in 2 hours you will have moist chicken, rice and gravy to melt in your mouth.....let me know if you like it....will send crock pot recipes later.
wanda888 wrote: Hi Jessy,

My family enjoys this roast and it's so-o easy and doesn't heat up the house because it's not cooked in the oven.  And, it's TENDER!!!

Place a chuck roast (that's what I use, but other roasts work as well) in the crockpot.  Sprinkle well with garlic powder, salt and pepper.  Place chopped onion on top of roast.  Pour water around edges of roast, just up to the sides--(don't cover top of roast with the water).  Turn heat to either low or high and wait for it to cook 'til it becomes real tender.  (3-6 hours, depending on temperature and crock pot.)

I put the water in because my daughter likes the juices to put over rice or potatoes. It can also be cooked without the water and it cooks just fine.  Sometimes I put potatoes on the bottom, then a layer of carrots and/or celery.  You may also use beef stew pieces in lieu of a whole roast. Crock pot stew is the best!!

Almost anything that you cook in a pot on top of the stove can be cooked in the crock pot and you don't have to tend to it:  Chicken and rice, chicken and noodles, beef stroganof, mac n' cheese, etc. I've tried all of these recipes and they're yummy--if you want me to send them.  

Mac n' cheese makes a great dish for a potluck. Cook it at home, take the whole crockpot to your dinner and it stays nice and warm.  So easy and tastes delicious!

Wanda  

I will have to try that, going shopping tomorrow so maybe I can pick some up. Tks for sharing this! Another thing, it has to be lean, or very/extra lean, otherwise it won't help with weight loss :)
katmommie2 wrote: This is on of my favorites. I make it quite often when I have had people who had family members pass away and they are expecting family or friends to come in and they need to feed quite a few people. I make this BBQ beef and buy some hanburger buns. You can probably feed at least 10-12 people. I also make it a lof for potlucks. Enjoy! :D

5 lbs. chuck roast
1/2 c. brown sugar
2 c. water
2 3/4 c. catsup
1 tbsp. dry mustard
1 lg. onion, chopped
Cut chuck roast in 3 to 4 inch cubes. Combine the beef, brown sugar, vinegar and water in a crockpot. Cook on Hi for several hours, then turn on low. When beef is very tender, remove beef from crockpot and pour off some of the liquid into a separate container. Shred beef with a knife. Return beef to crockpot and add catsup, mustard, onion and garlic and enough liquid beef water cooked in to make a nice consistency (like sloppy joes). Stir to blend. Cook on low until ready to serve. Serve on buns. Yield: 12 to 14 servings.

Tks for sharing this, I been saving all these recipes so that I can see what I need to get so that I can try them out. Have to be careful what we need or in need of due to health reason, but a treat will be nice to try out. Keep on sharing your recipes with us and I am sure one of us will enjoy trying it out!
katmommie2 wrote: Here is another favorite. I also add onions and garlic since I love both of those on hashbrowns. :D

CROCK POT POTATOES
1 bag frozen hash browns
1 can evaporated milk
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
1 c. French fried onion rings
2 c. grated cheddar cheese
Mix all ingredients and place in well greased crock pot. Cook on high heat for 4 hours or low heat for 6 to 7 hours.

1 Bag? who are you feeding? LOL, that is an aweful lot to eat, or are you starving yourself to eat that much? Can you freeze the left overs?, I love onions and garlic too, they are both health benefits for some diseases. Keep on sharing your recipes as you seem to have lots of interesting recipes.
katmommie2 wrote: This is on of my favorites. I make it quite often when I have had people who had family members pass away and they are expecting family or friends to come in and they need to feed quite a few people. I make this BBQ beef and buy some hanburger buns. You can probably feed at least 10-12 people. I also make it a lof for potlucks. Enjoy! :D

5 lbs. chuck roast
1/2 c. brown sugar
2 c. water
2 3/4 c. catsup
1 tbsp. dry mustard
1 lg. onion, chopped

This one, I am going to try for sure, it sound so yummy!... ok so there goes my diet lol,
zoejo12 wrote: here is a recipe that only takes 2 hours to cook in oven and is wonderful.....it is called ...No Peek Chicken.......put oven on 350 degrees you will need a oven safe pot (probably a 6 to 8 quart) ith a lid.....place 1 box of Uncle Bens wild long grain rice with seasoning, I can of cream of chicken soup, 1 can of cream of celery soup and I can of water....mix all these together and then lay uncooked boneless chicken breasts across the top of other ingredients (I usually put 4 or 5)....place top on your pot and place in preheated oven ....and don't peek.....in 2 hours you will have moist chicken, rice and gravy to melt in your mouth.....let me know if you like it....will send crock pot recipes later.

This sounds very easy.  I am going to try it next week.  Thanks zoe :)