I was talking to a friend (outside of this site), how tecnology has change people lives.

Just curious how many use laptop, notbook/Ipad or tablet. I know to each to their own but which do people prefer and why?

I have a laptop, and notice that a lot of people use different devices, cell phone is one.
how did we manage without cell phones? there were incidents in my life that would have been much easier had i cell phone
Dionysus wrote: how did we manage without cell phones? there were incidents in my life that would have been much easier had i cell phone

I often wonder about cell phone, I have one but I hardly ever use it, one could say I am not addicted to it, half the time I forget where it is lol.

But who has an IPad or notebook? what are they like? are they anything like a cellphone?

Just think when we were kids, we never had one, nor did our parents, how simple life was? People use cellphone/smartphone, are they paying attention to the life around them? Why are kids drowing? or missing? Are we to busy paying attention to cellphones mainly smartphones that we are not paying attention to our family? our life?
Your observation is right on. I too have a cellphone, but anytime I remember that I do, the battery has run out and it is just a simple flip-phone with a long lasting battery.
But I use my laptop a lot, especially when traveling. Just returned from a 7 week road trip in Europe, and would not have been able to do even half without it, especially for arranging accommodations on a moments notice, because payments are now mostly done online. Or just to check out places of interest wherever I happen to be.
Cheers :-)
daisyjean wrote: I was talking to a friend (outside of this site),

I disagree there's an outside of this site. It's like the cosmos. It just is
daisyjean wrote: [size=150
]I often wonder about cell phone, I have one but I hardly ever use it, one could say I am not addicted to it, half the time I forget where it is lol
[/size]

One Sunday when I was 17 I asked my girlfriend to come for a ride with me on my motorbike. She refused - she had promised her mum she'd help cook dinner. I suggested we wouldn't be out long, just a ride to a local park, buy her an ice cream, walk by the river, then get her home in time to help her mum.

By the time we got to the park, there was a puncture in my bike's rear tyre. No public telephones. So we walked the 3 miles to a nearby village and found a telephone there. Naturally, by the time her dad had driven out to collect her, she was late home.

Had there been cell phones, I could have saved us the walk and rescued that relationship,
I do realize how cell phones can help. When something like that happen, someone back in the day, would stop and "Can I help you?" But you don't see that anymore, so cell phones can come in handy at times. But I sure do have a hard time remembering it. I go out and then realize....opps I left my cellphone at home, now that would not benefit me in times of trouble lol.